Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yosemite Pilgrimage

Every year my parents set up a Yosemite trip. We have done this for about 3 or 4 years running... my dad and his partner in crime, mikey, have to log onto the booking site at 8am and register for a camp spot. its so competitive that all the sites within Yosemite Valley get booked up within the first 5-10 minutes. I dont even see how this is possible, but then i remember how amazing it is there. It could easily be my favorite camp spot, as i have been coming here with my family since i was a kid.
the above photo was taken from last May's trip. we were riding our bikes around the valley and stumbled upon a group of old guys taking photos with these cameras that are from the early 1900's it was so cool to watch the process... and made me think that sometimes technology is over rated.... the photos looked so full of character and life...
 Mikey, myself and Sam, up at the perfect picture spot. Sam is super cool in this shot. hahah!
and last year for my birthday i planned a trip with a few peeps. awesomeness ensued. Our pilgramage is starting a little later this year, we normally go the first weekend in May, but I cant wait to get up there on Thursday and see the beauty that is Yosemite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment