Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Home


So I realize it’s been about a year since my last post... my bad. Things just got away from me, the year just slipped by. It’s funny how quickly things can change, morph and turn out to be completely different than what you had anticipated. That’s life right? What would life be without changes, ups, downs, twists and turns? Well, to me it would be boring as shit, but more than anything, I would never learn or grow into the human being I want to be for myself. For my partner.
2011 was one of a lot of questions, what am I doing with my life? Where am I going? Am I happy with where I am at? The start to 2011 was rough, things in my personal life had collided and I was questioning everything. Relationships. Living Situations. Career. It was dark. But a constant in my life was always there, sometimes it was tough, sometimes easy. But then again, without these ups and downs, I wouldn’t be where I am today, and we wouldn’t be cozy in a new house, ready to explore a new path. Together.
I am happy to say that I am in a perfect place in my life. Yeah, shit is nuts, but it’s always going to be like that, and going through the crazy shit with someone that you know is a rock, a constant, is the best feeling I could ever have. I feel fucking lucky.
December 25th changed my life like no other. Sam asked me to be his wifey. I never knew I really wanted to have that partner in my life to share things with, I have always been so fiercely independent that I didn’t think I needed someone. Sure, I knew I loved Sam, and knew that I have never felt that way about anyone ever. Ever. But I still felt as though I would never be a bride. or have a wedding. the thought NEVER crossed my mind.
Well I am happy/bewildered/excited to say, holy shit I am getting married, it’s all going down, October 5th. It’s been very easy so far. We looked at one venue. loved it. booked it next day. Looked at 3 photographers, interviewed one. Knew it was right. booked it on the spot. Looked at 2 catering companies, fell in love with 1, booked them on the spot. This is so unnatural for me, I am literally the most indecisive person in the world, making decisions quickly and efficiently. This does not happen, but it sure as hell is a nice change for me.
In the end, this all feels so.... natural. It feels like I am finally coming home. I can’t wait to share the journey. Stay tuned for lots of crafting, lots of cooking and lots of love. because really, what else do you need but love? not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment