Wednesday, October 6, 2010

wordless wednesday, sorta, ok not really

I just started receiving bi-weekly shipments from Albert & Eve Organics. I had a wonderful experience working with Brandon over there and have actually requested to get bigger delivery next time. I highly recommend these dudes... AMAZING everything. I have never had better grapes, artichokes, zucchini, ok, ok it was all damn, damn good! 
I cooked these artichokes the other day for Sam and I, and they were hands down the best artichokes I have ever had. Just used my tried and true method of steaming for about 15-30 min (depending on the size of the 'choke, stick a fork in the heart of it to test done-ness). I add a bit of balsamic vinegar to the water I steam in for a lil added flavor. I also create a dipping sauce I copied from a place I use to go to in LA. Froggy's I think it was.

Garlic Dipping Sauce:
Few tablespoons of mayo
salt and pepper to taste
dash of onion powder
cayanne pepper to taste (you can make it spicy as hell or just a hit depending on what you like)
dash of lemon juice
freshly chopped garlic to taste

once you have all your goodness, mix all together and enjoy with your 'choke. I normally will make it early in my dinner prep so I can set it in the fridge to all congeal together. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment