Tuesday, October 26, 2010

lucky duck

As of right now, I am super behind on my posts, my favorite month of the year is finally starting to catch up to me, and I am getting behind on cataloging all the greatness that has been goin on. I suppose to start this catch up I should begin with the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival which I have used for a few years now for my birthday celebration. I figure nothing is better (at least to me) than chillin on Golden Gate Park, listening to free live music with the people you care about.



Of course they had all the greatest food there, and stuffed my face at every chance I got, and also made people hold still for a while as I recorded all the goodness (thanks Channy for the patience!) Doughnuts are pretty high on the amazeballs list of mine, so i coulda had like 3 of these doughnut cones.

Walk this way....
...to more goodness.... They had such a great variety of food there, lots of veggie options, lots of the classic festival food, you know corn dogs and the failsafe chilli cheese fries. :)
We took a break from our home base to take a gander around, there were so many flippin people there, it was really impressive! I found out that there is one dude that sponsors this entire thing, some venture capitalist dude that spends hella scrilla. I suppose I should say: "Thank YOU!"
Sweet Channy B made me my fav's: carrot cake cupcakes. AMAZING! I think she even said they were non-dairy. which is always a plus! :) they were gooey and goodnessy. Pretty sure after this day I was on a sugar high for like a week strait...
And if that were not enough sweets, we walked over to Joe's Ice Cream after all the festivites had died down. This is hands down best ice cream in the city. Some of my favorites are the maple nut, rocky road and almond flavors.
I feel like a very lucky duck when I think of my friends and family and have been trying to make a conscience effort to appreciate people and life more than those "things" and "objects" we think we need in our lives. I am trying to take an inward look at myself to find what it is that makes me happy and pursue it, no matter what that subject or thing is.

When the day is said and done, the things that matter are the things we could never put a price on, things that make us smile, laugh when we least expect, and make us feel like we are whole. Those are the things I want to focus my energy on, because really, nothing else matters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment