Wednesday, January 12, 2011

butternut squash risotto


 I never had such strong feelings toward butternut squash until Channy B started to make her world renowned butternut squash risotto, I swear, the woman whips this shiz up so quick like you would think that risotto is the easiest thing ever to make... 

So, naturally since she make such bomb stuff I had to try it myself and I always seem to struggle a bit with the consistency of the rice. Regardless of my struggles, I still enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling risotto gives you, lately I have been sauteing any type of leafy veggie I have on the verge of turning bad and just throwing it on top of the deliciousnes, you know add a bit of healthy to the mix... 

The recipe I use for the risotto is here. As always, I modify things, add a bit here, take a bit there, whatever suits your taste...

Channy B came over for this particular risotto creating and it was really good to cook with her again, just to have another warm body in the kitchen with me creating... sometimes it takes more than just ingredients to make it meal... sometimes it takes knowledge, love and a little patience. its exactly what I need.

1 comment: