Monday, July 19, 2010

my bad

so i know its been a while, my bad. been kinda busy... however let me bring you up to speed. been going out in the city, making some goodness and strait chillin along the way. first up, mikey and my dad came down to help me move, after we had a delish dinner at Hard Knox.
after that goodness i thought it would be a good time to hit up something truly san francisco style, the pride festival. interesting atmosphere ensued...
lets see.. i feel that this needed more elaboration from my last post, the haight street fair. have to love the crazy variety of people that attend. i came really really close to buying one of these, and am now kinda mad i didnt get it. ehh theres always a next time!
no idea on where i found this while on a walk, but i am constantly impressed at some people's inventiveness in planters. i for sure have some planter envy on this one... talk about green!
next up i decided to make a mixed berry pie. mixed berry as in strawberry, blueberry and raspberry. Ah. Ma. Zing. found a few secret ingredients in this one. note to self on cornstarch, makes everything stick together. i guess i dont know enough about baking, but that was a huge revelation to me. haha.
had a rough time with the lattice top, i overworked the dough a bit, but turned out delish nonetheless. homemade is the bestest.

No comments:

Post a Comment