Monday, August 2, 2010

trials and tribulations

My city garden is progressing quite nicely.. things are growing well, but I for sure could use more sun on my tomato plant, and i am sure the lemon cucumber too...but all in all, things have been quite successful
Lemon cucumber close up on the left here. he was grown quite a bit since the first round of photos
And above is the most sad of them all, I planted about 10 seeds6 of chives in this pot and nothing has sprouted... the packet says about 60 days til they are ready to eat, but at this rate i am not getting anything... i suppose its the trials and tribulations of flora.
My mixed lettuce is coming along well too! today i used my first bit of lettuce for a sandwich. YAH! how great is that? fresh lettuce at a whim!

And last but not least, my cherry tomatoes. i feel like they have been taking a while to turn red, betty gave me great advice to put mulch on the top of the soil to keep it warm and therefor speed up the reddening process. i love garden talk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment