Monday, August 30, 2010

good eats lately

I made carrot cake cupcakes for my Dad's birthday on August 22, happy bday dad! they were amazing, the recipe i use is from barefoot contessa, and that bitch can bake! I do everything that she says, except i add a bit of nutmeg, and just use whatever oil i have around the house, whether it be vegetable or extra virgin, i dont seem to taste a difference. I cut down the frosting to at least half and its a perfect amount... i dont know what she is doing with all that frosting that the recipe calls for (maybe eating it, she is kinda a big lady, hehhehe).
Chandra came over to help, and make sure the cupcakes were up to eating standards, i think they were, she had like 3. but i am not judging, i think i had at least 2.
I secured two bananas that were aging fast from my mom after dad's birthday weekend. I rarely ever buy bananas, i am not a huge fan, and only force feed them to myself if I am 1. hungover or 2. no other fruit is available. alas, i am a fan of banana bread and this loaf turned out GREAT! I coulda used one more banana (i only had 2), but thats just me being picky..
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment