Monday, March 1, 2010

happy flowers

Sometimes I feel like a little kid when it comes to spring. I am so excited to see the seasons change, for all the flowers to come back and to see such a variety of flora...ahhhh. For now its just the bulbs that are awesome right now...however while up visiting my parents I found a few beautiful flowers. This first one here is apparently very poisonous. Every single part. From that statement by my mother I am getting that some plants have only flowers that are poisonous or leaves that are. Interesting
 
 And Below here we have my mom's gnarly slipper orchid. I think she got this from the orchid expo from last year. Figures she can make the thing bloom. The woman has a major green thumb.
  
of course, here is our mascot, Mia. Funny thing, daffodils are extremely poisonous to cats. When I first got her as a kitten I had to find out which flowers I could have in the house and daffodils are not one of them. :( this is very sad, because I feel like they are such a happy flower.
Lastly, on a walk Sam and I went on, he spotted this really great flower thing... I think the plant it is coming from is a type of aloe or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment