Friday, September 3, 2010

cares will drop off like autumn leaves

I drove up to Tahoe, all by my lonesome to visit my Mom and Dad, who were celebrating his Birthday at Sugar Point Pines. Its a great camp spot, big sites, lots of biking trails and the lake nearby. It was a relaxing trip, filled with lots of biking, lots of good eats and beautiful flowers.... isnt that always the case in tahoe?
 how flippin cute are my parents here?! ok, now that we are past the cuteness, lets cut to the goodness: 

while on a bikeride into town, we stopped at a frozon yogurt place and i instantly knew what flavor i was getting. mountain blackberry. and here it is in all its grandeur. i have been craving the damn things since this encounter too... not good... and to the left we have pops enjoying his mountain blackberry yogurt. :)
above photo was taken while on a "bear walk", (something my dad has been forcing me to go on since i was a kid when we camp, around dark). many times these walks end up with me alone in the dark with either just my mom (who is in on the joke) or one or two of my girlfriends, and my dad sneaks off to the woods to only creep up on us later and scare the living shit out of us. this has happened many times... the worst being when i was about 12 and he told me a story of some outlandish make believe feline creature that existed only in northern California. to complete the story, later that night, he snuck off while we were on a nite walk and proceeded to make scary cat like sounds and then sneak up on me and my friends and scare the life out of us. it was very traumatizing. and i fully intend to do the same to my kids if i ever go that route. is that bad?
I love these dudes, such different looking little fellows... 

No comments:

Post a Comment