Thursday, September 30, 2010

life is good

Sam and I decided to escape over the labor day weekend up to Burney Falls. Its a great place, way way way up by Redding. It took us forever to get there, but it was way worth it! The waterfall is beautiful! the water was super aqua-blue..but was found to be extremely freezing. the hike down to the falls is very short, so i felt like I was cheating by getting such an easy view of the glorious-ness.

 That night we grilled up some goodness, and had out traditional camp dinner, burgers, fruit and potatoes. The pit they had to cook there was especially impressive since it had a slidy thing that served as not only a grill but a hot plate too. this for sure added extra points to burney falls camping.

 There was a lot of fishermen around, either fly fishermen or off the dock dudes, and I was sad i didnt bring my gear. Oh well, there is always next time. they had a 2 fish limit on catches, which i suppose is a good thing, but how are you suppose to have a good dinner with only 2 little fishy?!?!?
once again I made sam put up with my camera antics and pose for a few shots. I really need a tripod contraption or something to help/speed this effort up. it was super misty there, so thats why the shot seems a little grainy,  I kinda like it though... (I am still fiddling with settings on my newish camera, these things are complex!)
So the falls feeds into a pretty good sized lake, and all around the lake and by the designated swimming hole, there are brambles and brambles of blackberries. Obviously, I went nuts. below was my first harvest. and this is only about half of what I got on day one. the next day I came in with a mission and an idea at hand. blackberry tarts. it was hot as hell and I secured a whole large tupperware of blackberries. at one point sam had to come find me to make sure i was still alive in the blackberry brambles. hahah he made sure I was and went back to swimming in the lake, hes a good man. :) needless to say though, the blackberry tarts didnt happen.
On night two we had our regular Korean bbq. I know, its silly, but its one of our favorite things to have while camping, and has really become our little tradition when camping alone to bring at least one meal of Korean bbq. I kinda like that...
YUM. KIMCHEE. YUM. life is good, good food, good company, good places... ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment